INTRODUCED TO MONTEFALCONE THE TOURIST GUIDE BY PROF JAMES RICHARDS I’d like to dedicate this guide to my fellow citizens in Montefalcone as a tribute to the warm welcome they gave to the two foreigners – my wife and I – who arrived here nine years ago. And especially to our neighbours: to Polonio and his children, Pietro and Gigetta, and their families; to Marisa, Enzo, Gianluca and Sara; to Mimi and Vincenzina; and to Luisa. Italy is aptly known as il Bel Paese, the beautiful country, and there is nowhere more beautiful in that lovely land than Montefalcone set between the mountains and the sea. And it puts me in mind of two fictitious villages in Great Britain. The first, Little Hintock, is to be found Continue reading
FESTA PAESANA SAPORI D’AUTUNNO
ITINERARIO GASTRONOMICO LUNGO LE VIE DELL’ANTICO BORGO
Montefalcone Appennino sabato 13 e domenica 14 ottobre 2012
Stand gastronomici (bruschetta, crostini al tartufo, salumi, norcina al tartufo, polenta, arrosticini, salsicce patatine, zuppa tartufata, dolci locali, vino cotto, castagne arrosto, vini) Musica (artisti di strada) , Mercatino dei prodotti locali (tartufi, formaggi,noci , mele rosa, castagne,miele) !!!
ONE COURSE DISH €10,00
Meat ( pork, or chicken or rabbit or boar ) with sauces and different side dishes.
Wine 1/4 l. , water (acqueduct of Vettore)
TOURIST MENU’ € 12,00
Tagliatelle with truffles (seasonal)
Gnocchetti ( small potato dumplings) with seasonal vegetables
Chine of pork with seasonal vegetables or “ ratatouille”
Cheeses or grilled vegetables
Melon, emmenthal and rocket (seasoned with olive oil)
1/4 l. wine , water (acqueduct of Vettore)
Ingredients for the passatelli:
- 8 oz. (200 gr.) dry breadcrumbs, 4 oz. (100 gr.) parmesan, 1 tbsp. plain flour, 5 eggs, 1 small knob of butter, zest of 1 lemon, nutmeg and salt
Ingredients for the vegetable stock:
- 5 pts (21/2 litres) water, 1 carrot, 1 stick of celery, 1 onion, salt
Ingredients for the sauce:
- extra virgin olive oil, 5 oz. (125 gr.) sausage meat, 1 truffle, 1 clove of garlic
1. Add the carrot, celery and onion to a saucepan of lightly salted water and cook for 40 mins.
2. Mix the ingredients for the passatelli and leave to stand for at least half an hour.
3. Pass the mixture through a potato ricer to create noodles.
4. While the passatelli are standing take a large frying pan and lightly brown a clove of garlic in olive oil.
5. Add the sausage meat to the pan and fry lightly.
6. Turn off the heat and add a generous quantity of grated truffle.
7. Leave to stand for half an hour to allow the flavours to merge.
8. Drain the broth into a large saucepan discarding the vegetables.
9. Simmer the passatelli for two minutes in the broth.
10. Drain the broth and add the passatelli to the sauce in the frying pan.
11. Leave to thicken over a low heat for a few minutes.
12. Serve garnished with freshly sliced slivers of truffle.
13. Sprinkle with grated parmesan. (N.B.)
Ingredients for the filling:
- ricotta, parmesan, eggs, superior black truffle, salt
Ingredients for the pasta:
- plain flour, eggs
Ingredients for the sauce:
- extra virgin olive oil, superior black truffle, garlic, salt
1. Having grated the truffle thoroughly mix the ingredients for the filling.
2. Make the pasta.
3. Form the ravioli into the desired size and shape.
4. Cook them in water or, preferably, in a light vegetable stock.
5. Drain the ravioli.
6. Put olive oil and a clove of garlic in a frying pan and slowly heat.
7. When the oil has heated up remove the garlic and add the ravioli and grated truffle.
8. Cook for one minute.
9. Serve with a dusting of parmesan and garnish with some freshly sliced truffle.
- veal cutlets, the superior black truffle, butter, extra virgin olive oil, dry white wine, salt, flour, vegetable stock
1. Dip the cutlets in flour.
2. Heat oil and butter in a frying pan and brown the floured cutlets.
3. Sprinkle with the wine and continue cooking until it has evaporated.
4. Season the cutlets and arrange them in layers interleaved with grated truffle.
5. Place the layered cutlets in an oven-proof dish.
6. Pour in sufficient stock to just cover the veal.
7. Place in a pre-heated oven until the stock has evaporated.
8. Garnish with freshly sliced truffle and serve.
Montefalcone’s Centre for Environmental Education, housed in the Palazzo Felice, participates in the Marche region’s Happy Museum initiative. This marketing campaign focuses on raising public awareness – both locally and nationally – of what small local museums have to offer. Regardless of visitors to Marche’s age or nationality, they will discover that it is not only the national museums housing great works of art and allied research facilities which contain things to interest them.
Happy Museum official web site